Deep breath – here we go…
I’m going to make my very first post on this blog short because I don’t really know what I’m doing.
Despite worrying that some of my best meals may be behind me (sob), I have made the decision to document my culinary adventures near and far.
This is for a few reasons:
1) It frustrates me when I can’t remember delicious food I’ve eaten
2) Perhaps sharing those meals will bring other people some entertainment and might actually be useful
3) If anyone actually reads this, I’d love them to share their favourite places with me
4) My job involves writing every day and I wanted to try something creative and fun
5) I wanted to try this whole blogging fandango, yes, I know I’m about a decade behind the times.
I’m not going to make any promises about what this blog will entail but I will endeavour to keep the menu fresh and tasty!
Until next time, here are a few photos of desserts I’ve eaten recently!
This was some wonderful Key Lime Pie me and my husband ate at Joe’s Stone Crab in Miami while on holiday a few weeks ago. It was about 80F so this was the perfect refreshment! I should say, we did also eat the famous stone crabs and they were delicious, there was just no time to take a photo!
This whopping piece of rum cake was devoured in Ambergris Caye in Belize. It was boozier than the cocktail next to it! This was the smartest restaurant we went to on the trip and I even blow-dried my hair for the occasion, however the 20 minute speedboat ride there left me with a nest on my head. Needless to say all photos of me from that night have since been destroyed!
The eagle-eyed of you will notice this says ‘Stuart’ on it. Yes, he’s my Dad. We ordered this chocolate fondant for him at Le Boudin Blanc in Shepherd Market in London for his birthday (don’t worry Dad I won’t tell them how young you are). It might look small but it was super rich so we all had to share obviously!